Η εταιρία Hellenic Fields σας δίνει τη δυνατότητα να προσφέρετε δώρα ξεχωριστά, που ενθουσιάζουν τον παραλήπτη με τις ιδιαίτερα όμορφες συνθέσεις τους αλλά και την αγνότητα των προϊόντων “ena ena”.
Health Benefits of Honey
Honey is considered a “functional food”, meaning it is a natural food with health benefits:
• Natural Energy Source: Honey has been called the “perfect running fuel”. It provides an easily absorbed supply of energy in the form of liver glucose, making it ideal for energetic morning starts and as a pre- and post-exercise energy source. Studies have shown honey to be one of the best choices of carbohydrate to consume right before exercise for fueling or just after exercise for recovery. It is a great tonic to all body cells for weakness, anemia, anorexia, fever, sickness and surgery recovery.
• Antioxidant Powerhouse: Studies have shown that a daily dose of raw honey promotes health and acts as a preventative against a number of debilitating diseases. Honey contains varying concentrations of polyphenols, powerful disease-fighting antioxidants in the blood that block free radicals activity in the body, induce apoptosis (programmed cell death) and reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
• Memory Booster: Honey is loaded with polyphenols that help prevent cognitive decline or dementia and improve concentration, learning and memory deficits. It enhances the brain’s cholinergic system and circulation, preventing cellular damage and loss within the brain. Studies have shown that honey can improve both short- and long-term memory in menopausal and post-menopausal women.
• Cardiovascular Protector: Honey builds the oxygen-carrying capacity of blood, improves blood circulation, has a protective effect against high blood pressure, reduces the formation of plaques and raises red and white blood cell count. It also regulates cholesterol levels, by increasing good cholesterol levels. Polyphenols in honey reduce the risk of cardiac disease.
• Gastrointestinal Healer: Honey is rich in probiotic or friendly bacteria, helping the function of gastrointestinal system and aiding in digestion. Being a mild laxative, it also reduces constipation, bloating and gas. Honey also improves the health of gut bacteria, reduces the toxic effects in the gut of mycotoxins produced by fungi and combats food-borne pathogens. Its alkalinity has been proved to be a great protection means against stomach and small intestine ulcers.
• Antibacterial action: A research study of Greek Ministry of Health evaluated and supported the strong antibacterial action of Greek honey at 6 different bacteria being resistant to antibiotics and fungus. A study on the chemical characteristics of Greek honey proved honey’ strong antibacterial action against bacteria of oral cavity. It has been proved that honey consumption does not favor the development of bacteria that cause dental carries.
• Wound, Burn and Ulcer Healer: Honey is a natural antibacterial with anti-infectious properties and wound-healing effects. It releases antiseptic hydrogen peroxide which acts as an antimicrobial agent, preventing bacteria growth. In wounds and especially burns, early application of honey has been found to destroy the free radicals, cut the risk of scarring and contractures and increase the healing rate.Honey also reduces the size, pain and odor of problematic skin ulcers.
• Skin Cleansing and Moisturizing Agent: Honey deeply cleans the skin, absorbs the impurities from the skin pores, fights acne and dark spots, improves wrinkles and fine lines, soothes dry, irritated and sensitive skin areas and softens cracked lips.
• Sleep Promoter: Raw honey is a natural sleep aid, promoting restorative sleep in two ways. Consuming honey before bedtime restocks the liver’s glucose supply and prevents the brain from triggering a crisis search for fuel, which can induce waking up. Additionally, eating raw honey fosters the release of melatonin and tryptophan in the brain, responsible for promoting sleep.
• Pollen Allergies Alleviator: Raw honey contains bee pollen, which is known to ward off infections, provide natural allergy relief and boost overall immunity. Some people say that a daily tablespoon of honey can actually act as an allergy shot and reduce allergy symptoms, by helping the body to gradually build up a natural immunity to allergies.
• Cough Suppressant: Honey helps alleviate cough by acting as a protective film over the throat, soothing the nerve endings that protect it. In fact, the World Health Organization (WHO) gives credence to honey as a demulcent, something that relieves irritation or inflammation.
In no case, the information provided in our web page can substitute Medical-Scientific advice or be used in any way for self-therapy. Information